...Writings from all kinds of fandoms...

A Walk To Remember (Book) by Alvina

Rated: G

[Reviews: 0]

Categories : Reviews

Character : None

Pairings : None

Genre : None

Warnings : None

Chapters : 1

Completed : Yes

Word count : 644

Read count: 1


Published: September 1, 2009

Updated: September 1, 2009

A Walk To Remember (Book) Chapter 01

Text size
0 Reviews

Although I had seen the film I wanted to read the book as well. Finally I was able to read the book. Here is my review about it. It contains spoilers, so if you do not want to know what happens in this story do not read my review.

Summary:
The story is about Landon Carter who a seventeen-year-old high school senior whose father is a United States congressman. The two of them are complete strangers to one another because his father is on the road a lot. But even so his father wants him to run for student body president to increase his chances of getting into a good college. Landon becomes the student body president and one of his responsibilities is attending the homecoming dance.

Because he had just broken up with his girlfriend he doesn't have a date and out of despair pulls up the school's yearbook and flips through it to find a date. He decides to go with Jamie Sullivan knowing no one else would ask her. Jamie is the minister's daughter, always wears the same old sweaters, plaid skirt and her hair up in a bum. She carries a bible with her wherever she goes and always talks about "The Lord's plan". She wasn't someone Landon and his friends hang out with, nor would they ever ask her to the dance but since she was his only option, and he didn't want to go alone, he choose to go with her.

Landon and Jamie are also in the same drama class. Jamie asks Landon to play the lead in the play her father wrote and which they'll be performing round Christmas. Because Landon thought it was the right thing to do decided to play the lead. Over time they start talking on her front porch and Landon starts to like her. As a result he became a better person who would be helping Jamie do her good deeds, like going to the orphanage etc.

Over time both, Landon and Jamie fall for one another. We learn that Jamie is sick but that doesn't frighten Landon. He helps her through the last days of her live and stands by her. He even ask her to marry him for all she wanted in life was to marry.

Story:
The story is the most purest love stories I have every read. As you read you can feel the laughter, the pain, the sorrow and every other emotion that comes by. Many a time I had to stop reading because I was wiping away tears, but I was also laughing at some points. There is so much emotion in every word that it is hard to stop, even at the end you wish it would continue. Like I said I have never read such a pure love story and think it is one of the best love stories ever.

Characters:
Although there were times when I wanted to smack some sense into Landon I think he developed to a wonderful man. He has become a better person (as he said so himself) and has grown up a lot in the months he was developing a relationship with Jamie.
I find Jamie a very strong young lady. She was diagnosed with Leukaemia and still she put the needs of others first. She wanted the play to be special for her father. She wanted the best Christmas for the children at the orphanage. She stayed strong through the whole story, even when she walked down the aisle. I admire that…

Conclusion:
All in all I really enjoyed reading this book. I laughed and I cried. I was sad to see the book come to an end and actually had a hard time understanding the book had ended. But like I said it's definitely a very good book and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good love story.

Review